If you love hake and you also like a touch of spice, give this hake recipe a try, it’s about as simple as you can get, and it’ll be ready in 15 minutes!
This recipe is for 2 people
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp mixed spice
½ tsp paprika
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 X 150g pieces of Hake fillet
1 good splash of olive oil
A good squeeze of lemon juice
1. mix together the chilli powder, mixed spice, paprika, salt and freshly ground black pepper and rub the mixture into the hake fillets really well
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the hake skin-side down.
3. Fry the hake until the skin is golden-brown and crisp.
4. Turn the hake over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
5. The hake should be golden-brown all over and just cooked through.
6. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
7. I’d serve this with a mixed green leaf salad, new potatoes and maybe a dusting of extra chilli powder